Monday, November 28, 2011

A Fairy Tale Engagement at The Quarry

On Thanksgiving evening, in the shadows cast by the tall smokestacks of The Quarry Market, a handsome young man, Prince Edward of Cementville, Texas, bends on one knee as he gazes up at the woman of his dreams, standing in the moonlight.

Drew FitzSimon Photography


"Jane," he says, "I've never been a romantic type, but from the moment I met you, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. You're always on my mind and in my heart. I love you."

Jane's eyes widen as she witnesses her prince charming gracefully whip his hand into his coat pocket and pull out a black velvet box. 



He props it open. "Will you marry me?"

Jane gasps and tears begin to form. "Yes, yes. A thousand times yes!" she whispers through muffled tears as Edwards stands up and whirls her around in a hug. 

The happy couple returns to Jane's family's home where they had eaten their holiday feast just hours before and they announce the official engagement to the anxious crowd.

Everyone congratulates the couple and immediately date and location ideas begin to fill the conversation. 

"Why not this spring?" Jane asks. "I've always wanted to get married in the spring in Texas."
Edward nods excitedly. "Whatever you wish, Jane. I'm just glad you said 'yes'! Let's do the wedding however, whenever and wherever you want."

Jane smiles. "I was thinking we could have the wedding at The Quarry Golf Club. Edward, you love golfing there and both of our grandparents used to work there when the back nine was a limestone rock quarry. They harvested the cement used for the state capitol building--it'd be so sentimental."



"That sounds perfect!" Edward says.

And the planning begins...

Stay tuned.






 





No comments:

Post a Comment